KMG Chemicals, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Quality Technician position at its location in Pueblo, Colorado. This position oversees quality systems through the use of quality tools including SPC software and other database applications. This position works with commercial and plant personnel to collect, analyze, chart and monitor statistical data related to business products and processes.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
College degree in technical field highly preferred; Chemistry, Math, Statistics or related field acceptable. Strong math and statistics knowledge required.
3 – 5 years’ experience statistical process control systems and software
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience with using SPC tools and software and creation of control charts.
- Ability to manage a quality system and quality audit processes
- Experience with technical writing for procedures, work instructions, guides and manuals
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to present statistical data to customers.
- Customer service focus including the ability to communicate diplomatically; problem solver
- Ability to multi-task; experience in project management
- Experience working with Federal, state and local environmental regulations including RCRA
- Excellent English communications skills; both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use MS Office Suite, statistical software; various email, internet, databases, and other programs used by the Company
- Quarterly Control Chart creation for specific customers/products.
- Coordinate quarterly control chart requirements with other facilities for distribution
- Gather/evaluate data for Intel PCS Control charts. Coordinate with commercial team and plant personnel the presentation of the final PCS review documentation.
- Present to the customer (Intel) the PCS review information and facilitate the meeting.
- Train individuals within EC on the Intel PCS tools
- Support the EC business to establish, monitor, and revise control limits as dictated by customer or business requirements.
- Participate in annual internal audits of plant.
- Administrate the SPC software implementation and train applicable personnel.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems and procedures associated with statistical applications and/or quality system software applications
- Performs internal/external audits of systems/suppliers as necessary
- Assists with resolution of customer complaints by supplying data as necessary
- Facilitates team efforts to resolve quality issues; participates in site or global projects and improvement efforts, as needed
- Assists in development of plant SOP’s
- Prepares and submits control charts to management and customers as required; performs data and trend analyses; Facilitates and assists with management reviews
- Participates in continual improvement activities to enhance quality system
- Trains regularly on all Federal, state and local environmental regulations, requirements and guidelines including, but not limited to, RCRA requirements; follows and adheres to all guidelines, regulations, and requirements
- Assumes delegated responsibilities of Supervisor in his or her absence
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of EH&S principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
This position requires an employee to be primarily in an office environment. On occasion there will be exposure to various chemicals and compounds, including fumes and smells, some of them hazardous. Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the location. General office noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when in a plant. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com