KMG Chemicals, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Payroll & HR Coordinator position at its location in Fort Worth, Texas. The Payroll & HR Coordinator is responsible for processing U.S. and Canadian payroll. This position compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance and pay rates to make timely payments of payroll. This position also processes and administers benefits, recruiting, reporting and various employee life cycle events managed by the Human Resources department. This position is located at KMG Chemicals, Inc. - Fort Worth Corporate Office on 300 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth, TX 76102 (located in Sundance Square).
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
An Associate’s degree in human resources or related field is preferred
High school diploma is required
A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is highly preferred
2+ years working in Payroll and/or Human Resources is required. Experience processing Canadian payroll is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience processing Canadian payroll is required.
- Experience operating a payroll system using Ulti Pro, Ceridian, and/or ADP is very helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer service focus
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Good listening skills, problem solver
- Ability to self-motivate and to work effectively with minimal supervision; ability to multi-task and to work independently
- Excellent English communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to easily use MS Office Suite
- Processes in-house payroll by compiling payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance and other deductions from time sheets and other records
- Follows procedures for notifying managers and employees of payroll tasks and deadlines
- Runs and processes a variety of payroll reports prior to finalizing payroll
- Maintains the integrity of time records in the HRIS software
- Audits payments of paid benefit hours during payroll processing to verify accuracy
- Answers calls from employees concerning payroll
- Ensures payroll procedures and processes are compliant with current federal and state regulations
- Audits payroll transactions before and after payroll
- Audits tax rates and payments for state and federal compliance
- Inputs and updates payroll deductions, garnishments, child support, etc. Completes paperwork for support orders
- Calculates and processes shift differentials
- Pulls and uploads benefit deductions to various carriers
- Assists with resolving system transaction issues
- Reviews and reconciles annual paid time off balances
- Runs reports for management, accounting, IT, Treasury, etc.
- Posts open positions on job boards
- Ensures requisition forms are approved
- Coordinates candidate interviews
- Initiates and track background screenings
- Creates onboarding packets, enters new hires in HRIS system
- Ensures terminations are entered and processed accordingly to procedures
- Completes and processes unemployment and employment verification paperwork
- Coordinates luncheons and company events
- Takes meeting notes and distributes to attendees
- Processes tuition and fitness reimbursements
- Monitors HR mailbox and processes items accordingly
- Provides backup support for the receptionist including breaks and lunch reliefs
This employee generally works in an office environment, away from extremes of cold or heat.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, speak and hear.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org