The Senior Project Accountant will plan and execute accounting related projects for the department. Projects may include process improvement, system enhancement/implementation, business development (acquisitions, divestitures and integrations) and implementation of new transactions or new accounting rules. The Senior Project Accountant will also assist and support the accounting department as needed in the preparation of the monthly financial statements. This includes, but not limited to performing the posting of journal entries, reconciling financial statement accounts, performing consolidations and the preparation of various ad hoc reports and analysis. This position is located at KMG Chemicals, Inc. - Fort Worth Corporate Office on 300 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth, TX 76102 (located in Sundance Square).
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in accounting/other related program or extensive work experience.
An excellent knowledge of US GAAP, experience with various SAP modules and accounting reporting systems (BPC or Hyperion) and experience in assessing, improving and redesigning or enhancing business processes.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- System and data integration experience
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- SOX and internal controls experience helpful
- CPA or additional certifications helpful.
- International accounting experience helpful.
- Identify, plan, coordinate and document special projects for the department with a primary focus on maturing, enhancing and automating current business processes and information flows
- Represent Accounting Department in various system upgrade and new system implementation efforts
- Perform and document testing pre- and post-deployment of any system change or enhancement related to assigned special projects
- Work with Reporting groups to evaluate new accounting transactions and new accounting pronouncements and work with the affected group to implement
- Assist in the integration/transition of acquired/divested assets into impacted systems and accounting processes
- Provide end-user support including training
- Perform backup Administrator functions for consolidation processes in BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation) as needed
- Support month-end closing procedures and monthly reconciliation process, and perform and review monthly financial statements fluctuation analysis as necessary
- Prepare various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors, and provide assistance, as needed with annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Prepare or update accounting policies and/or memos, as required, to document treatment of new or unique transactions
- Performs accounting research and analysis as required
- Documents processes and controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance purposes as necessary
- Participates in other projects as required.
General office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, speak and hear. office environment.
At least 20%.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org